Featured Post

Welcome to the Forensic Multimedia Analysis blog (formerly the Forensic Photoshop blog). With the latest developments in the analysis of m...

Friday, December 28, 2007

HP Saga Continues ...

I received a sweet surprise today. My HP laptop arrived. I say surprise because yesterday my "service manager" called to assure me that he (in Texas) was personally overseeing my repair (in California). He tried to reassure me that I would definitely have my laptop back by the 4th of January.

This morning, my laptop came with the day's Fedex. As much as I appreciate the early delivery (sarcasm intended), HPs communication problems will continue to cause them to lose customers (like me).

The repair sheet lists a new hard drive and a new heat sink/fan assembly. Small problem ... the laptop left with an 80GB hard drive and arrived back drive slightly smaller.

Once again, I am on hold with HP India ...

... 63 minutes later, I've spoken with 3 people in India and Nick in Oregon. Nick has sent a replacement HD that should arrive next week. Nick tried very hard to restore my faith in HP. I wish that HP had more tech staff like Nick so that my calls wouldn't get routed overseas and my problems would get solved in 3 days (as opposed to 3 weeks).

3 comments:

Glennsp said...

Change companies

Jim Hoerricks, PhD said...

Funny you should suggest that. I've already headed in that direction. I just submitted a specification to Lenovo for a project that I am working on and I am converting my office to 100% Mac.

Glennsp said...

Sorry my original comment was so curt I was in a hurry at the time.

Personally I think the 100% conversion to Mac is the best way to go. You get access to the best that Mac & PC have to offer and all in one machine (there are two bits of software to achieve this as I am sure you are more than aware)

If I had the wherewithal I would join you in the migration, but mine will have to wait a while.

Thank you for such an informative Blog. It was John Nacks mention of your site that lead me here originally and I have been so glad.

I am looking forward to the book "Forensic Photoshop". I am not in the field, but I find the processes involved fascinating and very informative on many levels.

A very Happy New Year to you