Featured Post

Welcome to the Forensic Multimedia Analysis blog (formerly the Forensic Photoshop blog). With the latest developments in the analysis of m...

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Counting down ...

It's so close, you can almost taste it. CS4's release is just days away. In celebration of the happy occasion, I thought that I'd share a couple of really cool features.

Adobe has built in support for MacBook Pro and MacBook Air's multi-touch track pad. If you haven't seen how this feature works, as a new MacBook Pro owner, I will say that this is really cool. Pinching, twisting, and throwing are now supported ... just a pinch of your fingers and you can zoom ... moving across large pages gets quicker .... Once I got the hang of two-finger scrolling, I couldn't live without it.

Also supported is 16bit printing. Again, this is a Mac only feature - which has more to do with the OS than with Adobe. Certain printers will support this feature - so look for this to be highlighted in a future post.

Windows users, don't despair. 64 bit support has come - and its Windows only for now. The good news for Mac users is that many of us have a virtual machine running a Windows OS, so we can upgrade to a 64bit version and enjoy this feature as well.

The more I test CS4, the more impressed I am by the thought and effort that goes into a new release.

No comments: