Featured Post

Welcome to the Forensic Multimedia Analysis blog (formerly the Forensic Photoshop blog). With the latest developments in the analysis of m...

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

A neat little utility

The product advertises "no more Mac to Windows limitations." NTFS for Mac, from Paragon Software allows Mac users to read and write to all Windows volumes. No more "write only" problems with NTFS drives.

So read the advert. Having a few of these drives laying about myself, I made the plunge. For $29.95, who could go wrong?

It works as advertised, with one small hick-up. When the prompt asks for your name in order to register the software - it's asking for the "Product Key." Silly me ... I actually put in my name. It kept giving me an error, saying that the name/serial number combo was in error. Tech support was quick to point out the problem.

The home office still smells like campfire. Services are spotty. See you in Orlando.

No comments: