Featured Post

Welcome to the Forensic Multimedia Analysis blog (formerly the Forensic Photoshop blog). With the latest developments in the analysis of m...

Monday, May 7, 2012

Bicubic Automatic


Cool. I've got the new version and I'm getting it set up and I see this:


I'm not a fan of anything "automatic." So, a little digging is in order. Here's what I found out.

This from Photographyuncapped.com: "By just having ‘Bicubic Automatic’ checked in the CS6 preferences, all Photoshop functions will default to Adobe’s best choice for the method. No muss. No fuss. Photoshop will decide the best way forward for you. If you want to override this setting on a case-by-case basis, you still can choose other methods in the Image>Image Size dialog under Resampling Method. And, of course, if you want to change this on a continuing basis, the Preferences can be changed at will."

I think I'll stay in control. I'm appreciative of Adobe's efforts to simplify my life ... but ... I'd rather choose the interpolation method.

Enjoy.

No comments: