Featured Post

Welcome to the Forensic Multimedia Analysis blog (formerly the Forensic Photoshop blog). With the latest developments in the analysis of m...

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

FFT in Photoshop!

Made you look. There's still no FFT for periodic noise removal in Photoshop as such ...

I was working on a case recently and thinking back to a conversation that happened around an imaging class at NATIA years ago. It focussed on what wasn't in Photoshop - and how to best document your steps.


Here's a screen-shot of a section of a report that was generated out of an AmpedFive project that I was working on. I had some periodic noise that had to be dealt with and so I worked the files in AmpedFive. The report details that my third step was a Fourier transform, gives the details of what was done in simple terms, defines the parameters of my work, and gives the published source for the step. 

Each filter in AmpedFive gets this kind of treatment in the report. How cool is that?!

AmpedFive is quickly becoming my tool of choice. The more I put it to the test, the more it amazes me.

1 comment:

photoshop said...

too good piece of information, I had come to know about your site from my friend sajid, bangalore,i have read atleast 11 posts of yours by now, and let me tell you, your web-page gives the best and the most interesting information. This is just the kind of information that i had been looking for, i'm already your rss reader now and i would regularly watch out for the new post, once again hats off to you! Thanks a lot