Featured Post

Welcome to the Forensic Multimedia Analysis blog (formerly the Forensic Photoshop blog). With the latest developments in the analysis of m...

Friday, December 5, 2014

PhotoDetective Kickstarter

The other day, I received a nice email from a doctoral student about a project he's working on.

I am a doctoral student and researcher at the University of Illinois. I am a very passionate about digital forensics, and I follow your blog regularly and am glad someone is covering the literature and news as you are in this field, because there would be a depsrate shortage without it.

I have recently made a forensics computer program that might be of interest to you.

The software can provide insight into whether or not an image has been manipulated or altered. It does so through a simple graphic interface and uses over a dozen algorithms from the digital forensic literature (many of which you are probably already aware of).

If you are interested in seeing what the program and results look like, here is a link to a Kickstarter page that gives more detail and contains screenshots.


https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/413912001/2025927735

Well, of course I'm interested. You might be too. From the looks of the Kickstarter page, the program will offer some of the basic tests for image authentication. He'll also ship an instruction manual to describe each test. Not a bad deal.

I would encourage you to check out the Kickstarter page, and if you're so inclined, help with a small contribution towards its development.

As always, when I get my copy I'll put it through its paces and let you know what I think.

Enjoy.

No comments: